Thursday, July 2, 2009

It is July 2nd, and I am posting my second blog of the month! I am on target to become a daily blogger! This is an exciting event for me, as I have only recently entered the world of blogging, tweeting, and facebooking. I have found all forms of communication addictive and enjoying.

I started with a simple daily fix of Facebook, playing countless silly games, looking for faces from the past, learning the rules of on-line interaction. I check my FB daily, and love how it has kept me in touch with many folks from my life that I had either lost contact with, or saw everyday (but love to post on their walls and tag them in silly photos). My best friends have both moved to Florida, and my sister now lives in Africa, so it has become the easy way for me to stay in contact with my pals.

I stumbled on to Twitter a few months later, and fell in love. Twitter limits you to 140 characters, spaces and punctuation included. I became entranced with the quick simple statements posted (tweeted) by the famous, infamous, and normal folks. I quickly began posting everyday, usually about nothing too urgent, but important to me. I also began "following" a great deal of people I am interested in, leading to a good five to ten mins of reading every night, before I posted my own tweet. I love Twitter!

After I tweeted for a couple of months, I realised that I could post a daily blog, and that it didn't need to be earth-shattering important, but simply me, writing. The challenge is to blog everyday, so here I am, blogging away!

By the way, it is raining again in N.H., meaning that we are 0-2 for the month of July and sunny days. We had 27-30 for June...27 rainy days for June! Today, I feel like I am finally living in Seattle...I don't know how they do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment